Laelia hit 20 months of breathing on Saturday. This last month she has started really taking off with her language:
At 20 months Laelia:
- identifies anything that is blue. She also calls anything that is turquoise or aqua “blue”. Since our house is full of turquoise objects, she is constantly saying “bluuueeee”.
- obeys simple commands. She puts away her toys when asked and throws things away when asked. She even will bring me my cellphone if I ask her!
- can identify “A” and “O”. She likes to sing her own version of the ABCs and 123s; it goes something like this: “A, O, T, 2, E, C, O, I, B, 9, etc, etc”.
- says “‘sat?”. She’s been saying this for maybe 6 mos. It was definitely one of her first sounds. I only just figured out that she is saying “what’s that?”!
- prefers to eat soup, and does so quite well.
- has definitely weaned. 18.5 mos it is.
- has started to be unable to leave the house with out her stuffed Minnie. Is that okay? I don’t know.
- will tickle you. She scrunches up her hands near you and says “tiga-tiga-tiga!”. It feels more like scratching, but it’s adorable!
- understands play time more. Specifically she knows that the word “get” means a chase is about to ensue!
- asks for “halp”.
- said “I’m sorry”.
- has started to color in small spirals instead of large swoops. Our walls are now covered with tiny rows of spirals! It’s actually pretty neat looking…